2011年6月23日木曜日

Cristina Gadea (Bellydance Evolution Cast Special)



1. Could you tell us about the competition to be a cast of Bellydance Evolution?
I participated in an online casting; first I registered for the one in Italy / Prague and then I received a routine that I had to learn, film and send back, along with a video of myself dancing. I also had to fill in an application (stating how long I’ve been dancing, whether I’m a professional dancer, how many hours I train per week…) and attach 2 photos.
All the videos are uploaded to the company’s website and, after the deadline, the winners can see a WINNER banner before their names on the videos.
The answers in the application form give Jillina an idea about the rehearse capacity of each dancer, and she ensures the girls she picks can handle the pace. The rehearsal sessions last up to 8 hours during the week prior to the show and, after that, you spend many long hours on stage too, so you need to get physically used to it very fast.
I had to fill in information about my measurements. At first I thought Jillina wanted a cast of similar dancers but, when I saw the girls she picked, I realized we were all very different. That’s the idea she wants to pass on, that very different dancers can create balance without clashing: blondes, brunettes, tall, short, oriental dancers, tribal dancers… It’s integration and internationalization in one single show.
2. What is your strength as a cast of Bellydance Evolution?
I’m good at teamwork and pretty fast when it comes to learning routines and correcting mistakes. I’m used to working as part of a company in Spain and I’ve performed in big shows, so I work well in theaters, with fast costume and stage changes, etc.
Also, what Jillina called my "exotic look" (long-haired brunette with dark eyes), which has to do with what I was saying before about shaping a cast of dancers that are very different to each other, where they all work at a very high level in regards to the dance technique.
Bellydance Evolution was a great experience, I learned so much and visited such beautiful places. I met some wonderful people and amazing dancers from Poland, Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, Bulgaria, Portugal, Argentina and the USA.
Working with Jillina and the main cast of the show was very enriching and made me grow and evolve as a dancer.
【Related Article】

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿