2011年7月16日土曜日

Amani

1. Why did you start oriental dance?
I got a degree in sociology and another in aesthetic. Entering into this artistic world was a dream that came true.
When I used to read the old books about the east and its history, I would imagine myself dancing within these stories and historical events. I would dream of dancing, of being able to put these visions into a dancing performance in my head. “
My passion for Dancing was the brighten gate for a historical culture.
2. What is the most important thing to do when we dance in public?

The most important point you should always keep in mind when dancing in public is to give respect and dignity to your dance and to yourself. Any movements that degrade you and your dance are better to be avoided. For example:
  • Shoving your buttocks vulgarly when you make a big hip circle
  • Shaking your breasts in an indecent manner instead of making an elegant shoulder shimmy
Such movements were added to the oriental dance vocabulary lately by dancers who would rather rely on explicit expression of their sexuality rather than the artistic quality they could have shown. To keep the high dignity of this art, we should all be careful to not give the wrong image to the public.
When you see any movements that you feel will degrade your image, don't add them into your vocabulary. Cast a critical eye on what you do. Your dance should be reflection of your personality but not someone else's.
Whenever you have even the slightest doubt, pause and ask yourself.
"Do I accept to have people take them as presentation of my personality? Such movements like obscenely showing off my buttocks to the audience in a big hip circle and bouncing and shaking my breasts vulgarly?
"What would I think if I saw a lady making such movements without music?
"Is it allowed to demonstrate movements that are normally not respected to do in public if there are music and beats?
What we do, decides the way this respectful art evolves. Let's work together:
  • to get rid of odd movements newly added to the oriental dance vocabulary, and
  • to have oriental dance develop without losing its authenticity and aesthetic.
By working hand in hand, we can change the current dance scene all over the world.
3. Could you tell about your oriental dance style?

A personal style can be divided into two parts: Aspect and technique
Personal aspect style wise
Again, each style reflects the personality of the artist. Intangible matters are hard to explain. All I can tell is that when I see a dance choreography performed by the choreographer him/herself I can understand his/her logic, creativity and insights, how much deep and transparent he/she is.
That is why all I can say is that my dance is revealing my character.
Technically wise:
Amani believes that Oriental dance is an art all on its own. It can express just like any other form of art anything one wants.
Simply Amani’s style emphasizes on the different stage of body work and expressions not only the hips work and little arm brush.
She has worked on upgrading the art form of this dance:
  • Gave a new theatrical dimension. She has switched it from cabaret to theatre
  • a new aspect
  • She has enlarged the dance vocabulary by inputting and adding new steps influenced from Arabic architectures and other Arabic influences
  • She has worked on filtering the different styles of oriental dance like : Andalusy, Historical, Modern, etc,.. and Folklore, so the spectators can distinguish in between.
  • She presented dances in a telling story format using oriental dance vocabulary:
  • Amani, in her dance scenery, dances, acts and sings on stage when stage act imposes as features her show dances in “ Batta”, “ Tabiloulha”, “Ammouna fi Al Saiid” and “Jamilat el Mamalik” ,etc
4. Could you tell your relationship between oriental dance and your background?
Referring and relating to the previous question about my style and my answer concerning reflecting personality to the dance style, hence I cannot separate or distinguish between my dance and my background because they are one. Without dwelling into my oriental culture my dancing would have literally different path and style.
5. Who is your ideal dancer? Why do you like the dancer?
I have many dancers that I appreciate their work , like:
  • Samia for her grace
  • Naima Akef for her creativity
  • Katty for her energy
  • Nadia for her execution
  • Najwa for her perseverance
  • Maima Mokhtar for her sensations to the music
  • Nabawiya Mostapha for her great hip technique
and many many more etc.
6. What is your future plan with oriental dance?
Amani Oriental Festival is a prime plan. As a leading dancer interested and with stakes in developing and preserving the identity of Oriental Dancing, its nature and characteristics, refine the current dance scene running worldwide , I believe it my duty to take on serious and practical measures in order to accomplish this objective, starting with workshops that would bring together as many oriental dancers as possible into one organized work where we could harmonize and distill the essence and substance of this art. Hence, I open the door to the teachers of the world (our guest teachers) to the one who wants to take part at the festival .

7. What is the most important thing to create choreography?
When you love the music you will certainly have a vision. When you do something with love and mood you will inspire yourself … this inspiration leads to the first steps of a nice choreography and being creative.
8. How and/or with whom do you train?

I train by myself. When preparing or rehearsing for a show I work with my dance troupe
9. As a dancer, what special methods, or daily routines (beauty products, massage, etc.) do you use to preserve your beauty?

I drink lot of water, eat chocolate and ice cream, almost vegetarian. Sleep well. I do not drink do not smoke. At the end I believe in Our Creator, the source of love and peace.
10. ( Oriental dance is said to be more relaxing and stress-free than other dances) which part of oriental dance is most relaxing for you?

Nice to hear that ! for me whatever you do with love brings relax and happiness , you will be fulfilled with your work at the end. The most relaxing part in my dance is the applause of the audience and their joy.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿