2011年8月2日火曜日

Kasia (Bellydance Evolution Cast Special)



1. Could you tell us about the competition to be a cast of Bellydance Evolution?
I had heard about it by chance from Irina Akulenko, who had already done the show. She had great things to say about it, so I got to thinking about doing it. I think it was in October that I learned the choreography online, from one of the OTHER contestants, before I even signed up for the competition, just for kicks. I wanted to see if I could learn it accurately and quickly from a mirror image video with no breakdown. It went well! so I think it was in December that I signed up, and having already learned the choreography, sent it in right away. I was hopeful, but decided to not think much about it, and when chosen, some panic did set in. Organizational-omg-now-what-do-I-do type panic? I had a bunch of things going on that I had scheduled for that time period, what with my ''don't think about it too much'' approach, that I had to re-organize. But then it all worked out.

2. What is your strength as a cast of Bellydance Evolution?

I would hope my strength is my bizarre Fusion Bellydance style, that I do not know what to call. Contemporary Fusion Bellydance, is a good description, I suppose. I hope that this aspect of my dancing can bring something interesting to the show as an entirety.

3. Do you have any advice for dancers who will apply the competition of Bellydance Evolution?

Learn the audition choreo well. Very clean arms and turns. If you do something neat and unique, show that in your personal section of the audition video. Be willing to work with everyone, work hard, don't complain or make excuses, adjust and adapt to all changes that come up. Be positive in your outlook. You can learn something good from ALL experiences, changes and situations. Give it your all. AND BE SURE TO GET YOUR SLEEP. It helps a lot.



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿